- Choose the species and quantities you require. Please note that although a certain quantity of a certain size will appear on the online shop, CYCKOS may have further quantities of a slightly different size available. For more information, please contact Ruan de Klerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The maximum size allowed for export is 15cm in diameter or length, whichever is greater. Species of Caffer, Humilus, Ngoyanus, Umbeluziensis and Stangeria Eriopus may not exceed 7cm in diameter or height (these are referred to as ‘Dwarf Cycads’).
- Once your payment has been confirmed, CYCKOS will apply on your behalf for a Cites Export Permit. Your name, address and telephone number will also be required for application. Once the permit has been issued, species and quantity may not be changed.
- Once issued, a copy will be emailed to you. You then need to apply for your Cites Import Permit. Visit http://www.cites.org/common/directy/e_directy.html for your nearest Cites branch. (US residents should forward to CYCKOS a permit to ‘Import Plant or Plant Products, Regulated by 7 CFR 319.37,’ together with several ‘Green/Yellow’ stickers acquired from the US Department of Agriculture stating your permit number in the bottom right-hand corner. Post this to CYCKOS, PO Box 2234, Limpopo, Polokwane, 0700, South Africa).
- When you receive your Cites Import Permit, it should be emailed to us immediately so we can make out your applications for Phytosanitary, GMO and Pest Control Certificates.
- A soil sample for Potato Nematode Cysts is carried out for US residents only.
- All plants are carefully packaged in wooden crates to protect leaves and roots. Our cycads are dipped in a fungicide and insecticide solution, and wrapped individually. Damp vermiculite is used to keep the roots moist.
- Once your order is ready for dispatch, we will send you a second invoice for packaging and shipping. Goods will be despathed upon receipt of this second payment.